1. FC Union Berlin had cause to celebrate this afternoon as assistant coach Sebastian Bönig achieved Germany's top football coaching badge – the Fußball-Lehrer certificate.
Following the results of the extraordinary general meeting (EGM) of the DFL – Germany's Deutsche Fußball Liga – 1. FC Union Berlin president Dirk Zingler has addressed the members on the club's position. Here is the full letter:
Central defender Robin Knoche is the eighth incoming transfer of the summer for 1. FC Union Berlin. The 28-year-old has arrived in Berlin-Köpenick from his previous club VfL Wolfsburg following the end of his contract in Lower Saxony.
The first Bundesliga season in 1. FC Union Berlin's history also brought a new sleeve partner. The ONE Insurance AG joined the club as a sponsor and the company's logo adorned the left sleeve of our official jersey during the last campaign.
1. FC Union Berlin have continued to strengthen the squad ahead of the new Bundesliga season with the addition of experienced goalkeeper Andreas Luthe.
1. FC Union Berlin have completed the signing of 23-year-old attacker Cedric Teuchert from Schalke.
Laurenz Dehl will gain valuable first-team experience at 3.Liga club Hallescher FC. The 18-year-old, last season's captain of the U19 side, will head to the third-tier side for the 2020/21 season.
Nico Schlotterbeck has joined 1. FC Union Berlin on a season-long loan from SC Freiburg
1. FC Union Berlin will open the 2020/21 season with an away friendly at Energie Cottbus.
This morning, 1. FC Union Berlin's preparations for the new Bundesliga season started as the players returned to the Stadion An der Alten Försterei.
1. FC Union Berlin will head to 2.Bundesliga outfit Karlsruher SC in the first round of the DFB Pokal, Germany's national cup competition.
1. FC Union Berlin's third summer signing is Japanese attacking-midfielder Keita Endo, who joins on a season-long loan deal with an option to buy.
One month exactly after 1. FC Union Berlin's 3-0 home win over Fortuna Düsseldorf brought down the curtain on the club's first-ever Bundesliga campaign, Urs Fischer's squad is getting ready to launch itself into the new domestic campaign.
1. FC Union Berlin's under-19 squad have arrived at their pre-season training camp in Austria as they prepare for next season's league campaign.
Berlin's Regional Football Association have combined with LOTTO Berlin & magazine Fußball-Woche to crown their Footballers of the Year for the recently-concluded 2019/20 season.
With immediate effect, 1. FC Union Berlin are offering all ticket holders the opportunity for a refund at the Union-Zeughaus.
The experience at the stadium of 1. FC Union Berlin is characterised by closeness and the intense participation from supporters in the events surrounding the 90 minutes.
1. FC Union Berlin have signed 28-year-old left-back Niko Gießelmann from Fortuna Düsseldorf. The defender has signed a contract which is valid for both Bundesliga and 2.Bundesliga competition.
1. FC Union Berlin have bolstered their midfield options for the new Bundesliga season with the signing of Sebastian Griesbeck.
1. FC Union Berlin will be able to call upon the services of 34-year-old midfielder Christian Gentner for the next Bundesliga season.