Today (Monday April 6), the registered fan clubs of 1. FC Union Berlin published a joint statement.
Today (Monday April 6), 1. FC Union Berlin's first-team squad resumed training at the Stadion An der Alten Försterei. However, given the current restrictions in place, the players will train only in small groups.
The 36 professional clubs of the Bundesliga and 2.Bundesliga today held a video conference and agreed to postpone game operations until April 30, 2020 due to the outbreak of coronavirus.
Special 1. FC Union Berlin memorabilia will now be available at www.union-zeughaus.de.
The spread of coronavirus, the measures to combat it, including the postponement Bundesliga football operations, have presented an extraordinary and difficult situation for 1. FC Union Berlin.
1. FC Union Berlin have extended the suspension of team training, and a return, originally planned tomorrow, will not go ahead.
1. FC Union Berlin will play football again – that's for sure. But when exactly, and when our supporters will be able to get behind the team at the Alte Försterei, remains unclear at this point.
At a press conference in Frankfurt, the DFL, the governing organisation of the Bundesliga and 2.Bundesliga, confirmed the next matchday will also be suspended.
The DFL have announced their decision to cancel all upcoming matches in the 26th matchday of the Bundesliga.
Ahead of Bayern's first competitive fixture in Köpenick, Christian Arbeit spoke with Union's assistant coach Sebastian Bönig, a former Bayern youth player who went on to play more than 120 matches for 1. FC Union Berlin.
I'm addressing you personally today as the current situation re: the threat to the population from the spread of coronavirus is leading to a new situation assessment by the responsible authorities almost every hour.
1. FC Union Berlin will head to 1. FC Köln during the 31st round of fixtures in the Bundesliga.
On Saturday (March 14), 1. FC Union Berlin will welcome Bayern Munich to the Stadion An der Alten Försterei as part of the Bundesliga's 26th matchday.
On Wednesday (March 11, 18:30), 1. FC Union Berlin will play Hannover in the U19 Bundesliga at the Ellenriedestadion in Hannover.
1. FC Union Berlin suffered a minor setback in the Bundesliga, going down 1-3 at the Schwarzwald-Stadion against Freiburg.
1. FC Union Berlin will look to bounce back from Wednesday's DFB Pokal exit when they head to SC Freiburg on Saturday at 15:30.
100 Years of football at the Stadion An der Alten Försterei.
As the first-team squad prepares to face SC Freiburg on Saturday in the Bundesliga, head coach Urs Fischer spoke with our media team
1. FC Union Berlin went down 1-3 at Bayer Leverkusen with ten men and exit the DFB Pokal at the quarter-final stage.
1. FC Union Berlin will make the trip across the city to Hertha Berlin for the second derby of the Bundesliga season on Saturday March 21.