Marcus Ingvartsen's free-kick earned ten-man 1. FC Union Berlin a point at home to Mainz.
1. FC Union Berlin are looking to put a difficult run behind them on Wednesday when Mainz make the trip to the Stadion An der Alten Försterei for the 20:30 local-time kick off.
1. FC Union Berlin lost the second city derby of the season 0-4 at the Olympic Stadium.
Five days after 1. FC Union Berlin returned to Bundesliga action, Urs Fischer's team will take on city rivals Hertha Berlin for the second time this season. Compared to the first Bundesliga battle, the settings could not be further away with the match taking place at the Olympic Stadium on Friday at 20:30 local time – but with no fans present.
The DFL has announced the schedule of the matchdays 30-34 in the Bundesliga
The Bundesliga returned to the Stadion An der Alten Försterei behind closed doors, but 1. FC Union Berlin suffered a 0-2 defeat to champions Bayern Munich.
Barely nine weeks after 1. FC Union Berlin's last Bundesliga match in Freiburg, the club from Köpenick will get underway once again. Tomorrow, Union welcome 29-time German champions Bayern Munich to the Stadion An der Alten Försterei.
1. FC Union Berlin will take on Bayern Munich this Sunday without head coach Urs Fischer in the dugout.
The DFL have confirmed the final Bundesliga schedule from matchdays 27 until 34.
Preparation for Sunday's match at home to Bayern Munich will go on without Urs Fischer, who has left the training camp in Barsinghausen for personal reasons.
SC Union Oberschöneweide – one of the preceding clubs of 1. FC Union Berlin, founded in 1966 – won the Berlin Championship on May 13, 1920 with a 2-1 win over Union 1892.
It was decided last Thursday that the Bundesliga season will continue behind closed doors as a result of the outbreak of COVID-19. Starting with Sunday's visit of Bayern Munich, the remaining five matches at the Stadion An der Alten Försterei will be played without your support from the terraces.
After an early breakfast, Urs Fischer's first-team squad gathered out on the sun-soaked training pitches in Barsinghausen at 10am.
The work continues on 1. FC Union Berlin's squad for next season and the club have agreed a contract extension for 26-year-old goalkeeper Jakob Busk.
1. FC Union Berlin have continued to build for the future by signing midfielder Grischa Prömel to a two-year contract extension with his current deal set to expire at the end of the season.
The German government yesterday confirmed a host of new measures to the existing lockdown protocol following the outbreak of COVID-19. The green light was also given for the restart of the Bundesliga and 2.Bundesliga league campaigns and today, a General Meeting was called by the DFL to agree on the finer details.
1. FC Union Berlin and Rafal Gikiewicz will go their separate ways at the end of the current season. The club will not offer a further contract after the current was rejected.
1. FC Union Berlin academy graduate Tim Maciejewski has signed a professional contract at the Stadion An der Alten Försterei. Born in Berlin, the 19-year-old attacker started out with SC Staaken and went on to play at Hertha Berlin. During the summer of 2017, Maciejewski moved across to the youth academy of 1. FC Union Berlin.
1. FC Union Berlin have been back at the Stadion An der Alten Försterei since Monday, training in small groups ahead of a potential Bundesliga return.
Today (Monday April 6), 1. FC Union Berlin's first-team squad resumed training at the Stadion An der Alten Försterei. However, given the current restrictions in place, the players will train only in small groups.