The abbreviation FDGB stands for Freier Deutscher Gewerkschaftsbund. Read more here.
1. FC Union Berlin’s trip to third division side Carl Zeiss Jena will be played at the Ernst-Abbe Sportfeld on Sunday August 19 at 18:30 local time.
Preparations for the new campaign kicked off on Wednesday morning with the first training session at the Stadion An der Alten Försterei.
Joshua Mees is the latest addition to Urs Fischer’s squad as preparations continue ahead of the 2018/19 2.Bundesliga season.
On Saturday July 21 (18:00), six-time French champions Girondins Bordeaux will be our opponents in the final home friendly before competitive action begins.
Markus Hoffmann, the 45-year-old Austrian, has arrived from Salzburg and has signed a two-year-deal at the Stadion An der Alten Försterei.
1. FC Union Berlin have completed the loan signing of midfielder Manuel Schmiedebach from Hannover.
The club store at the Stadion An der Alten Försterei is closed today (25/06/18) for stock-taking.
After the Verbandsliga title in 2016/17 the Irons‘ U16s competed in the Regionalliga North-East for the first time ever in 2017/18.
Ken Reichel has returned to his home city, signing a two-year-deal with 1. FC Union Berlin.
1. FC Union Berlin have completed the signing of Polish goalkeeper Rafal Gikiewicz from Bundesliga side SC Freiburg.
Florian Hübner has completed his move from Bundesliga side Hannover to 1. FC Union Berlin and bolsters our defensive options for the coming season.
Swedish striker Sebastian Andersson is the first signing of the close season for 1. FC Union Berlin.
1. FC Union Berlin have ended the 2017/18 2.Bundesliga season at the top of the fair play table and have bagged an extra 25,000 EUR.
It is fairly straightforward to divide the U17’s 2017/18 Bundesliga North/North-East campaign into two: the first and second half of the season.
Our two-week reservation phase for existing season ticket holders came to an end on Thursday. Now the second phase of sales begin for members without a season ticket.
Since 2011, the weekly magazine Fußball-Woche and the Berlin Football Federation have celebrated the best player (male and female) in Berlin.
1. FC Union Berlin have been draw against FC Carl Zeiss Jena in the first round of the DFB Pokal. The clash in Thüringen will be scheduled between August 17-20, 2018.
At the Annual General Meeting of 1. FC Union Berlin in November 2017, a majority voted to adjust the conditions of the membership fee regulations in order to provide economic relief for Union members old and young.
After defeating Sachsensring Zwickau in the quarterfinal, then city rivals Vorwärts Berlin in the semi-final, 1. FC Union Berlin met the reigning East German champion Carl Zeiss Jena in Halle, with the FDGB Cup – East Germany’s major cup competition – up for grabs. Union had never beaten Jena in their history.