This coming Tuesday Union will play against the 2. Bundesliga’s Hannover 96 at the Friedrich-Ludwig-Jahn-Sportpark.
On Saturday, 6th August, 2022 1.FC Union Berlin play against Hertha BSC. Kick-off for the first game of the season is at 15:30.
1. FC Union Berlin are on the road on Sunday August 20 for the fourth Bundesliga-Match. Urs Fischer's side will head to Schalke 04 and VELTINS-Arena for a 15:30 kick off.
The first round of the DFB Pokal, the German Cup, delivered some surprising results. But not in Chemnitz. Union took advantage of their individual class and power and came to an important win against Chemnitzer FC in extra time. Jordan Siebatcheu quickly equalized the home side’s lead (62., 64.).
In front of 1.024 spectators, Olympique Marseille won the second edition of the GG8-Youngster Cup, on this sunday august 31, which was organised by 1. FC Union Berlin at the stadium An der Alten Försterei, by beating Hertha BSC 4:3 on penalties.
1. FC Union Berlin will start the new competitive season on Monday August 1 in the first round of the DFB Pokal against Chemnitzer FC.
1. FC Union Berlin's 22/23 Bundesliga campaign starts with a derby on Saturday August 6 at 15:30 when Hertha make the trip to the Stadion An der Alten Försterei.
Just in time for the first competitive game of the 2022/23 season, 1. FC Union Berlin announces its three captains and the team council. Both old and new faces will appear on the team council.
FC Union Berlin welcomes UEFA's observer programme to allow standing terraces in European club competitions for the 2022/23 season. Following a decision by the UEFA Executive Committee, participants from the top 5 of UEFA member associations, where standing terraces are already allowed in domestic competitions
On Saturday at 3:30 p.m. the Under 17 teams of Tottenham Hotspur, Borussia Dortmund and FC Basel will start to play in group C to qualify for the final round of the GG8-Youngster Cup 2022.
In group B of this year’s GG8-Youngster Cup Benfica Lisbon will face Hertha BSC and Bayern Munich on Saturday 30th from 12:45 p.m. on.
1. FC Union Berlin's Laurenz Dehl has joined Bohemians on loan until the end of the season. The 20-year-old, a homegrown player in Köpenick, will head across to Ireland to experience first-team action – his second loan spell following time at Hallescher FC in the 2020/21 season.
Union Berlin‘s Under 17 team will face FC Porto and Olympique Marseille in group A of this year‘s GG8-Youngster Cup on Saturday.
1. FC Union Berlin's final pre-season game against Premier League side Nottingham Forest ended in a 1-0 win at the Stadion An der Alten Försterei.
1. FC Union Berlin have expanded the management of the first-team football department at the club. Long-time Union professional Michael Parensen, who was previously assistant to the Managing Director of Professional Football, is now taking the Technical Director role in the same department.
1. FC Union Berlin's final pre-season friendly will be against newly-promoted English Premier League side Nottingham Forest. The traditional IFA match is back at the Stadion An der Alten Försterei on Saturday July 23 at 17:00. It's an opportunity for all supporters to give Taiwo Awoniyi a farewell following his switch to England this s...
1. FC Union Berlin have loaned winger Keita Endo to 2.Bundesliga club Eintracht Braunschweig for the forthcoming campaign.
1. FC Union Berlin have signed 26-year-old midfielder Morten Thorsby. The Norwegian international was last under contract at Serie A club Sampdoria.
The squad earned a day's rest on Sunday following back-to-back pre-season matches, but it was back to training on Monday. Urs Fischer and his staff put the players through two sessions in the heat in Austria.