Good morning!

Union Berlin defeat Holstein Kiel 3-0

Dominant display:

Wed, 13. November 2019
Union Berlin defeat Holstein Kiel 3-0

1. FC Union Berlin beat 2.Bundesliga side Holstein Kiel 3-0 at the Stadion An der Alten Försterei on Wednesday night.

Sheraldo Becker opened the scoring on 27 minutes, but his game came to an early end after an injury sustained on 65 minutes.

Ken Reichel fired home the second less than three minutes later and substitute Julius Kade added a third with about 10 minutes left.

1. FC Union Berlin: Nicolas; Maloney (Schlotterbeck 49), Rapp, Hübner; Reichel, Schmiedebach (Opfermann Arcones 80), Kroos (Kade 72), Ryerson; Becker (Bülter 65), Abdullahi (Flecker 16), Ujah

Holstein Kiel: Reimann; Ignjovski (Meffert 63), Thesker (Neumann 45), Schmidt (Wahl 45), Seo; Mühling (Eberwein 45), Todorovic (Fleckstein 45); Baku, Lauberbach (Hanslik 45), Porath (Sander 19); Khelifi (Iyoha 63)

The Bundesliga break was filled with tonight’s friendly match in front of around 2,000 spectators. The Köpenick club were without Sebastian Andersson and Christopher Trimmel, who are both with their respective national teams this week. Ken Reichel’s stinging volley forced Daniel Reimann into early work, before a long delay after a clash between Suleiman Abdullahi and Finn Porath. Both attackers were substituted and Florian Flecker took the place of the Nigerian. Kiel’s substitute Philipp Sander came close with a powerful drive from 25 yards before Reichel carved out a fine chance for Union. On 27 minutes, Union won the ball high up the pitch and Becker slotted past Reimann with a composed finish. At the other end, Moritz Nicolas’ work was fairly routine as he deputised for number one goalkeeper Rafal Gikiewicz. The on-loan Gladbach goalkeeper stepped up when called upon, saving a dangerous shot from Lion Lauberbach with six minutes left of the half.

Fischer decided to make just the single switch at the break with Keven Schlotterbeck taking the place of Lennard Maloney in central defence. Flecker looked dangerous at the start of the half as he was bundled over in the box, but the referee waved play on. Becker's half ended in injury after the hour mark as the Dutchman seemed to pull up with a muscle problem. Reichel's driven effort from the corner of the 18-yard-box doubled the home team's lead with less than half an hour to go. The third for 1. FC Union Berlin was well worked through the middle of the park before Marius Bülter was played through on goal. The Union winger played a selfless pass to substitute Kade who finished off from close range.