After last Monday's stunning promotion to the Bundesliga, Urs Fischer's staff and first-team squad are taking a well-earned break.
The players will return to Köpenick on Sunday June 26 and will begin to prepare for the upcoming Bundesliga campaign.
On June 30, the squad will head to Bad Saarow for a short training camp before returning to the Stadion An der Alten Försterei on Saturday June 6 to take on Danish Superliga side Brondby IF.
Fischer and his squad will head to Austria for a second training camp where the promotion-winning side will be put through their paces.
Currently penciled in for the camp are matches against FC Blau-Weiß Linz on Saturday July 13 and on Wednesday July 17 against First Vienna FC.
First Vienna FC are Austria's oldest football club and the Köpenick team have been invited to celebrate their 125th anniversary in Vienna.
The traditional friendly game, presented by IFA Berlin, is still to be announced.
Union will compete in the DFB Pokal the week before the Bundesliga restarts on Friday August 16.
The schedule in overview:
- 29.06.2019 | Squad returns to training
- 30.06 – 03.07. 2019 | Short training camp in Bad Saarow
- 06.07.2019 | 15:30 | The season opener at the Stadion An der Alten Försterei:
1. FC Union Berlin vs. Brondby IF
- 08.07. – 18.07.2019 | Pre-season training camp in Windischgarsten, Austria
- 13.07.2019 | 14:30 | Blau-Weiß Linz vs. 1. FC Union Berlin
- 17.07.2019 | 19:00 | Stadion Hohe Warte | First Vienna FC vs. 1. FC Union Berlin
- 09.08. – 12.08.2019 | First round of the DFB Pokal
- 16.08-18.08.2019 | Bundesliga MD1
Schedule changes, fixed games and ticket information for the summer will be published in due course. The schedule for the 2019/2020 Bundesliga campaign will be published by the DFL on Friday June 28.