On Sunday, 03.09.2023 at 17:30, 1. FC Union Berlin will play their second home game of the new Bundesliga season. All stadium visitors are advised to make their way to the stadium An der Alten Försterei early, as both road traffic and public transport will be significantly affected around the match day.
An overview of the disruptions
- Bahnhofstraße will be closed in both directions between Stellingdamm and Seelenbinderstraße for both car traffic and public transport.
- Tram traffic is interrupted between Wilhelminenhof-/Edisonstraße and Bahnhofstraße/Seelenbinderstraße, a replacement service (SEV) with buses has been set up.
Coming from the direction of Schöneweide and the old town of Köpenick, the stadium An der Alten Försterei can therefore only be reached by bus via the SEV.
- From Schöneweide S-Bahn station, you must first use the SEV in the direction of Karlshorst S-Bahn station (M17) to the Siemensstraße/Edisonstraße substitute stop. There, you can change to the second substitute service on line 67 in the direction of Köpenick. Alternatively, walk across the Kaisersteg to the SEV stop Wilhelminenhofstraße/Firlstraße.
- The S-Bahn line 3 will run as usual. It is therefore recommended that you travel to the match via the Köpenick S-Bahn station.
The S-Bahn station Spindlersfeld is not available as an alternative, as there may be delays and road closures there due to the arrival of the visiting fans.
All Union fans travelling by public transport are asked to check the current traffic situation at BVG.de before arriving.
1. FC Union Berlin asks that, if possible, you refrain from travelling to the stadium by car, as it is expected that the junction An der Wuhlheide/Rudolf-Rühl-Allee will be overloaded due to the bypassing of the construction site in Bahnhofstraße and the rail replacement service offered. In addition, there are hardly any public parking spaces available around the stadium An der Alten Försterei.