Since 2011, the weekly magazine Fußball-Woche and the Berlin Football Federation have celebrated the best player (male and female) in Berlin.
1. FC Union Berlin have been draw against FC Carl Zeiss Jena in the first round of the DFB Pokal. The clash in Thüringen will be scheduled between August 17-20, 2018.
At the Annual General Meeting of 1. FC Union Berlin in November 2017, a majority voted to adjust the conditions of the membership fee regulations in order to provide economic relief for Union members old and young.
After defeating Sachsensring Zwickau in the quarterfinal, then city rivals Vorwärts Berlin in the semi-final, 1. FC Union Berlin met the reigning East German champion Carl Zeiss Jena in Halle, with the FDGB Cup – East Germany’s major cup competition – up for grabs. Union had never beaten Jena in their history.
1. FC Union Berlin and our Italian manufacturer Macron can present the new home shirt for the upcoming 2.Bundesliga 2018/19 season.
1. FC Union Berlin will line up for the first time in season 2018/19 against Carl Zeiss Jena to celebrate half a century since the club won the FDGB Pokal - the East German Cup.
1. FC Union Berlin have appointed Urs Fischer as the club’s new head coach. The Swiss trainer has signed a contract until 30.06.2020, which is both valid for the Bundesliga and 2.Bundesliga.
Last Saturday, 1. FC Union Berlin invited their partners and sponsors to our traditional Union Sponsors Cup.
Dennis Daube, Toni Leistner, Stephan Fürstner and Daniel Mesenhöler will leave 1. FC Union Berlin at the end of their contracts as a summer of change continues in Köpenick.
Steven Skrzybski has completed his transfer from 1. FC Union Berlin to Bundesliga side FC Schalke 04.
Left-back Kristian Pedersen has left 1. FC Union Berlin to join English Championship side Birmingham City.
1. FC Union Berlin continues to grow and can count on the support of 20,000 club members for the first time in our history.
Wolfgang Schellenberg will not assume the position of Head of Academy at 1. FC Union Berlin.
After promotion to the Bundesliga North/North-East in the 2016/17 season, the aim for Union Berlin’s U19s this time around was clear: avoid relegation back to the Regionalliga.
1. FC Union Berlin and Jörg Taubitz, Managing Director for Marketing and Sales, will go their separate ways at the end of the season.
Season tickets for season 2018/19 will go on sale from Thursday May 31, 2018.
The players from 1. FC Union Berlin win their third and final friendly before summer break against Türkiyemspor Berlin at Willy-Kressmann-Stadium. Philipp Hosiner, Berkan Taz and Marcel Hartel scored double, Grischa Prömel, Akaki Gogia and Marc Torrejón contributed one goal each. Bekai Jagne scored the only goal for the host to make it 5-1.
It was another eventful evening for 1. FC Union Berlin during their 6-0 win at SV Tasmania Berlin yesterday and it won’t be long until the next game: On Sunday, May 20, 2018, at 3:30 p.m., the players will visit Türkiyemspor Berlin at Willy-Kressmann-Stadium.
In the second-last friendly of the 2017/18 season, 1. FC Union Berlin beat SV Tasmania Berlin 6-0 Friday evening. Jannes Werner, Berkan Taz, Akaki Gogia, Philipp Hosiner and Grischa Prömel, who scored twice, contributed the goals.
Following yesterday’s 11-0 win at SV HANSE NEUBRANDENBURG, 1. FC Union Berlin heads on the road for friendly against SV Tasmania Berlin. The game kicks off at 3.00 p.m. in Berlin-Neukölln at Werner-Seelenbinder-Sportpark.